Buying directly from farms lets you enjoy fresh, tasty food while supporting local businesses…and the local economy. Check out the following links.
Organic & Sustainable Local Farms
- Hollandview Farm, www.hollandviewfarm.com, USDA certified organic eggs, produce, including wheat grass, micro greens, potatoes, homemade pies, pesto, etc.
- Gravity Hill Farm, www.gravityhillfarm.com, organic produce
- Orchard Farm Organics, info@orchardfarmorganics, Montgomery, NJ
- Amwell Valley Organic Grains, http://www.farmersteve.com, Ringoes, NJ, certified organic popcorn
- Blue Moon Acres, Buckingham, PA, http://www.bluemoonacres.net, organic micro-greens and other produce.
- Mariposa Farm, Frenchtown, NJ, 908-996-0854, certified organic eggs, lamb
- North Slope Farm, www.northslopefarm.com, Lambertville, NJ, organically grown produce and farm products
- Square Stone Farm, http://www.squarestonefarm.com, fruits, vegetables and flowers
- Purely Farm, organically pastured chicken and meats, Pipersville, PA, purelyfam@Verizon.net
- The Farm Cooking School at Tullamore Farms, 1998 Daniel Bray Hwy (Rt 29), Stockton, NJ, thefarmcookingschool.com, email@example.com
CSAs (Community Supported Agriculture programs)
Farm CSAs let you purchase shares of what is produced during the growing season. If a share seems like too much food for your household, you may want to consider splitting your share with a friend or neighbor. For information on joining a CSA, contact farms directly. Keep in mind that many CSAs fill up early in the year.
Locally Sourced & Artisanal Food Producers/Retailers
- Crossroads Bake Shop, Rt. 611, Doylestown, PA, www.CrossroadsBakeShop.com
- oWowCow, 4105 Durham Rd, Ottsville, PA, 591 Rt. 413, Wrightstown, PA and 237 N. Union St., Lambertville, NJ. Delicious ice cream made from “local pastured farm fresh cream, local source eggs, local honey, natural can sugar & local fruits and berries.”
- The Flying Avocado Whole Foods, Peg Fagan, Chef, http://www.flyingavocados.com, prepared meals and catering with organic ingredients
- The Herb Society of America, Delaware Valley Unit, www.herbsocietydelawarevalleyunit.com, annual herb sale in May at Holcombe-Jimison Farm, Lambertville, NJ; proceeds support agriculture student scholarships
- The Herb Society of America, www.herbsociety.org
- Penn State’s “Fresh From Bucks County Farms,” http://www.buckscounty.org/visitors/farms/FarmFresh2011.pdf
Organizations that support sustainable agriculture
Sustainable agriculture volunteer opportunities
- Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms, www.wwoofusa.org, a San Francisco-based non-profit that connects volunteers interested in learning about sustainable agriculture with organic farms in the U.S. and 50 other countries.
- Buckingham Community Garden, Buckingham, PA
- Readington Community Garden, Dobozynski Farm Park, 42 Woodschurch Rd, Flemington , NJ 08822
Know other great links? Let us know at askfresh at comcast dot net.